Sunday, December 13, 2009

Technology dependent ass**les.. thats what i am

Never in my life i could have thought that i would be so technology dependent. And today i just realized it. My laptop's finger print scanner has just stopped working and without even trying anything... i called up the support and guess what the lady said.. go to the recovery center.
Shit man. I mean it didnt even appear to me once that i should try this before giving this call. Just look at mean 4 years back, i would do anything to repair my comp and now I have to give a call to some idiot sitting somewhere to tell me all this... and the worst part is I even asked her what are the steps that i have to do..

I just feel guilty for this. And now that the sensor is not working, i am planning to take this to the service center, yyyyy !!! coz its real pain in the a** for me typing my id and password. I am ashmed of my self. Is this the technology dependence or is it sheer laziness that makes us behave this way. As an indian its sheer laziness.. We are so much dependent on technolgy that ppl these large corporates make money out of us.

I have an account in HDFC but i like to do all my transactions with citi. Sole reason being the dependency of their online transactions. Citi has a rich set of online facilities that i am addicted to that. ( even HDFC has everything, but u need to go to the branch to get every facility activated ).
And trust me, citi makes billions out of these services.
Even more than technology , its the facilities that some corporates provide to us that makes us more dependent on them and a point comes when u are the the point of no return. U are attached to that services.
I mean i had a life before that finger print sensor and i had a bank before citi... infact i have done banking in those days when u could not even go to the bank from 1-5th every month because they used to pay salaries.. and u had kilometers of queue.. i mean if i could live in those days y couldnt i now. Y has life to be so lathergic and all the services come to u rather that u going to them .
So much for writing.... Even i am addicted now so as you all are. I just wish my sensor starts working again !!!

No comments: